peterlouis6 Profile Banner
Peter Louis Profile
Peter Louis

@peterlouis6

Followers
3K
Following
3K
Media
852
Statuses
2K

A Freelance Video /photographer Journalist & Filmmaker.

Republic of South Sudan
Joined September 2011
Don't wanna be here? Send us removal request.
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
19 hours
Earlier this week, a private contractor working with WFP who coordinated essential humanitarian airdrops was tragically killed by an unknown gunman in Nasir, Upper Nile State. The incident remains under investigation by the authorities. Meanwhile, WFP has temporarily suspended
0
1
0
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
2 days
President Salva Kiir Mayardit has signed into law three Bills, namely: Cyber Crime and Computer Misuse Act 2026, Southern Sudan Audit Chamber Act, 2011 (Amendment) Act, 2026 and Wildlife Conservation and Protected Areas Act, 2026. Information Minister Ateny Wek Ateny said the
0
0
1
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
3 days
14 February: Shelling reportedly struck a civilian residential area in Phom Payam, Fangak County, resulting in damage to multiple homes and raising concerns about the impact of hostilities on civilian populations and infrastructure. 14 February: Preliminary findings from an
0
2
5
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
7 days
Dozens of conflict-related casualties reported in Akobo County: Humanitarian partners report that dozens of patients wounded in recent fighting are being treated at Akobo Hospital. Their condition remains precarious due to unreliable access to emergency referrals and critical
0
0
0
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
8 days
Civilians pay a high price, as conflict intensifies JUBA (ICRC) - Civilians are increasingly bearing the brunt of the renewed fighting across South Sudan since late 2025, marking the most intense escalation in nearly a year, particularly in Jonglei, Eastern and Central Equatoria
0
0
0
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
10 days
On 7 February, the Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan, Ms. Anita Kiki Gbeho, expressed deep concern over the worsening humanitarian crisis, particularly in Jonglei State, where recent security incidents have affected humanitarian personnel, facilities and supplies. On 7
0
0
2
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
11 days
JUBA - A forensic expert has told a special court in Juba that he was unable to access mobile phones and tablets belonging to Dr Riek Machar because the passwords and a related computer were not provided. Testifying on Monday in the trial of Dr Machar and seven other SPLA-IO
0
1
4
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
16 days
Médecins Sans Frontières’ (MSF’s) hospital in Lankien, Jonglei state, South Sudan, was hit in an airstrike by the government of South Sudan forces during the night of Tuesday, 3 February 2026. One MSF staff member suffered minor injuries. The hospital’s main warehouse was
0
3
3
@WFP_SouthSudan
WFP South Sudan
17 days
Conflict and insecurity in Jonglei have displaced thousands of families, forcing @WFP #SouthSudan to pause some of its operations. @PhiriTomson explains from Bor👇🏿
0
20
53
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
17 days
More than 450,000 children are at risk of acute malnutrition as the hostilities are causing mass displacement and halting of critical health and nutrition services in Jonglei state, warned UNICEF in South Sudan. An upsurge in violent clashes in Jonglei since the beginning of
0
0
0
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
17 days
As of 3 February, around 280,000 people have been displaced as a result of the Jonglei conflict following renewed fighting and airstrikes since 29 December 2025, according to the RRC. According to a Famine Early Warning Systems Network report released on 2 February, the
0
2
5
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
18 days
The prosecution’s digital forensic expert on Monday continued his testimony in the trial involving eight officials from SPLM-IO, presenting further details from his analysis of data extracted from communication devices belonging to the accused. The witness, Ratlhogo Peter Calvin
0
1
1
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
21 days
An estimated 260,000 people have been displaced across Jonglei State following renewed fighting and airstrikes since 29 December 2025, according to the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC). As of 30 January, the humanitarian situation in Jonglei State continues to
0
0
2
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
21 days
A digital forensic investigator has testified for the prosecution at the Special Court hearing the case against eight SPLM-IO officials, including suspended First Vice President Riek Machar. Ratlhogo Peter Calvin, a private forensic investigator from South Africa, told the court
0
0
0
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
21 days
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is today calling on all parties to the conflict to urgently halt military operations, de-escalate the situation, and allow safe humanitarian access to deliver life-saving food assistance to hundreds of thousands of people in South
0
1
3
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
23 days
JUBA - The Special Court hearing the case against eight SPLM-IO officials, including suspended First Vice President Riek Machar, has adjourned proceedings due to a technical problem. The 44th session had been scheduled to hear testimony from a foreign forensic expert who
0
0
1
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
24 days
The humanitarian situation in central and northern Jonglei State is rapidly deteriorating amid escalating conflict, widespread displacement and shrinking humanitarian space. More than 230,000 people were displaced in Jonglei State by renewed fighting and airstrikes in Nyirol,
1
1
1
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
25 days
President Salva Kiir Mayardit has received a special message from the Chairman of the Sudan Sovereign Council, Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, emphasising the significance of strengthening bilateral relations between the two nations. The message was conveyed to the President by the
0
2
3
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
26 days
UNMISS condemns threats of indiscriminate violence against civilians in South Sudan. The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is gravely concerned by reports that a senior military leader is urging troops to inflict indiscriminate violence against civilians in Jonglei, where
1
7
11
@peterlouis6
Peter Louis
26 days
SSPDF spokesperson Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai has issued a statement on the army’s imminent offensive against SPLM/A-IO forces in northern Jonglei. Maj. Gen. Lul warned civilians, as well as UN and NGO personnel, to vacate SPLA-IO positions within 48 hours, saying the areas could be
1
6
12